Tuesday, July 13, 2010

THERE IS AN APP FOR THAT!

Technology is becoming real dangerous. At least that’s what I thought at the moment. I was using my roommate's laptop surfing the web, then all of a sudden the power of the laptop went to sleep. In a search for answers and also planning out the perfect excuse for why its not working the laptop turns back on. A sigh of relief came upon me and stopped my heart from beating rapidly. The computer (all by its self) pulled up a Microsoft Word document and started tying jumbled up words "dhfhihdinshbfbhehsjdfgvdbsdnvdsohdfuhvuifndsdhbsfnbdf" down the page. And then the computer concluded with these three worlds that struck fear in my heart..."I-See-You"! Then I heard a huge laugh coming from the room. It turns out that my roommate was controlling the functions of his Apple laptop through his iPhone telephone. The iPhone/iPOD touch is a little harmless gadget that will soon control the whole world. The Apple iPhone/iPOD touch is one of those gadgets that you can’t leave the house without. Every time I leave the house I always pat my pockets "phone, wallet, keys, ipod!" Its gets to a point where some of us will turn the car back around to get our iPOD from the place we left it.

I performed a little study that clearly shows the effects of the Apple iPHONE/iPOD on our lives. I asked a group of people a question: "If they were stranded on an island, and you were only allowed to bring three things what would it be? The data of the study showed that everyone had an iPOD touch as the item they would bring on their list. Either somewhere in their top three or even worst…as their top 1; before items like a Lifetime supply of Food, or something to consume that would allow humans to survive. We'll in this crazy world we live in; there is probably an app for that, because there is an app for everything else. Dark on the island? There is a an app for that!(BACKLIGHT V.2) Need entertainment..There are a plethora of apps for that!(TAP TAP REVENGE). Need to finish an essay for your communications class? There is an app for that!(WORDPAD). Need to find the hottest club on the island. There is an app for that! Need to find your way back to civilization?...there is definitely an app for that(GPS). The iPOD/iPHONE is one gadget that would make being stranded on an island...a breeze::for about 2 hours (depending on how charged and advanced your iPOD is)

-Casey Jostine


2 comments:

  1. /this is soo true there is an app for everything. Thats why iPhones are the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will co-sign that. The iPhone is the best invention ever created by man.

    ReplyDelete